Friday, April 30, 2010

Saturday May 1st 2010 - The Drive to Rotorua


Tip: bring the appropriate power adaptor for your electronics (camera, laptop, iphone). My Eddie Bauer adaptor didn't work but the Lodge Manager Sally was nice enough to give hers to us

Tip: I found out that even Road Star Plus auto insurance coverage does not cover international driving outside of Canada and the US so after trying 3 different 3rd party insurance providers b/c Eurocar wouldn't let me insure it after the fact I found out that I can return the car for a full refund and take it out again. So get the insurance during time of booking and don't make my mistake
Tip: To convert to Canadian multiply the amount by .75 approximatlely. A well price beer is $5 which is $3.75!

On a recommendation had a good breakfast at the Cogill. Had a Eggs Florentine with bacon ($14 NZ) with a New Zealand style late ($4). It had a nice covered deck that worked for a Saturday morning. It was surprised to see the same international CD's that I see in a Cigar store in Yaletown called revoluction. I was tempted to get an Arabian CD for $32 NZ because I knew that we had 4 hours drive to Rotorua and many more for our next stops, but I ended up getting an connection for my iphone

We had a pleasant surprise when Candice, my younger sister and I found a South African store along the highway to Rotorua and stopped for some Spiced Biltong, Guava juice, and other snacks for the ride. Thanks to the Navman GPS we arrived at the Ventura Inn and have booked a Maori Tour for tonight. I'm tempted to book out a bmw or sports car to enjoy these windy roads it's a lot of fun, but I think Candices luggage is slowing down our small compact 4 banger

No comments:

Post a Comment